I am so impressed with the ESA, the probe should land soon. We are sitting on the edge of a landmark in space exploration. Right now is the window of uncertainty but we have just made it through and are certain we landed on the surface of a comet. Can you believe it? This is such a large step for human kind. I wonder what we will learn from this.
I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! (Although autocorrect swears it is a Lobster Award!) First of all, I would like to thank SusannaAntihero for nominating me, I am truly honored and thankful for the blogging community. To create such a clever way to promote community and welcome new bloggers is what the internet is all about. Susanna has been an inspiration to me in more ways than she will realize through her persistent blogging and honesty. My answers to her questions are below:
1. What have you found most enjoyable since you started writing your blog?
I have been writing for years, however blogging is fairly new to me. Its main allure is the community of talented everyday individuals that I have the pleasure of reading and connecting with who inspire me to continue working towards my dreams – even when others do not understand.
2. What is a song that you can really connect with? (One that either inspires you or you always feel drawn to)
One was too hard so here is three:
Imagine – John Lennon
Let It Be – The Beatles
Soundtrack 2 My Life – Kid Cudi
3. What is one thing you do that really makes you feel at peace?
Meditation is key for me, however taking my beautiful dog, Arabella, on long walks does the trick too!
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Just to name a few:
Writing, Exploring, Drawing and Crafting, Traveling, Making Movies
5. What is one act of kindness that was done for you, that you have never forgotten?
When my grandma passed away about a week after I had been on a family cruise to Canada with her I was in college, living by myself. I had to miss more school and get back to the airport ASAP. Only I hadn’t finished unpacking from my last trip and I was a mess. I couldn’t think straight and my world was crashing around me. My dearest friend, Daja, rushed over and helped me pack practical in a solid five minutes before taking me to the airport and making sure I was okay. True friendship will never be forgotten.
6. If you could have an all expenses paid vacation of your choosing to go on in the next few weeks, where would you go?
I would get a live-in Catamaran and sail around the world – Magellan style but with a GoPro and a Canon 7D with a lens kit and stop in every single coastal country on earth while making short films along the way and compiling footage for a feature film. I would round off my trip in Cannes and enter the feature in the festival. I would set up a Gala event for our arrival on the Catamaran and have anyone who is anyone there to celebrate our safe journey and successful film.
7. And if you could bring only one person with you, who would you like to spend this experience with?
Definitely my boyfriend, Michael, who is a little bit afraid of the ocean but willing to conquer his fear and is the most amazing person I have ever met.
8. What is something that you love to collect? (It can be now or something you collected in the past)
Ever since I was a little girl I have always collected books. I never liked the idea of a Library because I always wanted to hold onto my books to share with my future children. One day I want my own library inside my house with a ladder on wheels so I can reach the top shelf. (Short Girl Problems)
9. What is something unique or random that you like to do that not many other people do?
I love going to the beach at night and listening to the waves crash against the sand. I love to talk to the night and let it wash away my worries. I also love to lock myself in the house for a weekend and let the creativity flow, I have had some amazing pieces of art and writing come from those beloved weekends.
10. I’m a genie and I’m granting you 3 wishes, what will they be?
1) I wish for unlimited travel miles
2) I wish for peace on earth
3) I wish for clean food and drinking water for all human beings
Now that you have gotten to know me a little bit more, here are the blogs that I nominate and a little bit of why:
1) DistantRoamer Mauri inspires me to continue living the life of my dreams. Her persistence to understand culture and chase adventure is refreshing. I also adore seeing her dogs so often!
2) A Journey Of Wonders Raphael is another inspiring cat. His anti-conformity views and the way he is living life now pushes me to achieve the same.
3) Travels of A Tree This girl will always hold a special place in my heart. I get giddy every single time I think of the amazing adventures she is on and all the splendid things she is doing with her life. I miss you Andrea!
4) The Holistic Explorer Arianna has been inspiring me for years and although she doesn’t know it (yet) she was part of my inspiration to start blogging and sharing myself wholly and honestly with the internet community. I have learned so much from you. Thank you. P.S. one of these days the universe will allow for us to be in the same place at the same time and break bread.
5) Confessionsofagirlwanderer Her uncanny views of travel from a female perspective has inspired me. She is also a bookworm and food advocate which I can truly relate to.
Questions From Me To You:
1) What is your favorite thing about traveling?
2) Who is your favorite writer and why?
3) What are you afraid of?
4) When are you happiest?
5) Favorite place you have been?
6) List five things from your bucket list.
7) What are two random facts about yourself?
8) Favorite Artist?
9) Favorite cartoon character?
10) What is the best movie ever made?
HOW IT WORKS:
***Stolen directly from SusannaAntihero’s post***
Here are the general guidelines for The Liebster Award. I may have taken this from happilydpressed, but I like the way this version was written.
The Liebster Award recognizes new, up and coming bloggers who have a certain number of followers, ranges from 200 to 3,000. Liebster is German meaning “beloved” “sweetest” “dearest”. Essentially, I like to view this award as acknowledging some of the “sweetest” bloggers who connect their blogs to their viewers in a welcoming and hearty fashion.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog genuine and would like you to know that I value your honesty and content.
The steps for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award!
- Add The Liebster Award logo to your post and blog.
- Answer 10 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5 bloggers for the award and notify them.
**These are the general guidelines. With that being said, you do not have to do the full amount to accept the award. You can answer and/or ask only one question,nominate one person, whatever you feel comfortable doing. **
The meaning of a pilgrimage through the eyes of a pilgrim:
The journey takes many forms, there can be a religious aspect to it however it is not a requirement. For me, it has more to do with a personal journey and growth. I don’t subscribe to any particular creed. Be happy, be honest, and be kind. That is my mantra. Finding your true soul is a journey that starts inside of you, therefore any one person’s pilgrimage will not match any other. It starts when you allow it to.
Although the Camino De Santiago is largely rooted in a catholic background, the pilgrims on the route of Saint James are of various backgrounds. Any pilgrimage begins when you allow it to, traditionally from your front door. However the traditional route of St. James starts in St. Jean Pied de Port, France and ends in Santiago, Spain. Spending, on average, thirty days walking from France through to the tip of Spain is not an easy feat for anyone. Especially not when you stick to the true path of a pilgrim, relying on the way to support you through your travels. Breaking down both your physical and mental being and building you up again – much like daily life.
You see, a pilgrimage does not have to be some set trail that has been walked for centuries. A pilgrimage can be you getting up from your chair, going out your back door, and walking to another town or through the woods. It may not have much significance to an outsider however on said walk through the woods you may have reached a personal ‘aha!’ moment that alters the way you view your life forever.
I can’t wait to have a pilgrimage of my own, to travel and reach a true transcendental state must be absolute bliss. Although I’m not so sure I can wait until I find my way back to Europe to complete the Camino. That goal will never leave my mind but I think that some preparation is required. Some cultures and religions believe in yearly pilgrimages; so why can’t I take multiple pilgrimages throughout my life? I can and I will!
I want to call myself a citizen of the world and travel across our earth however when looking at my list (I keep a list of places I have been before) I realize that my focus has always been out of the Americas and I never took the time available to explore the land on which I was born. The land that my parents fell in love in and travelled across both together and alone. I need to experience the Appalachian Mountains and the Continental Divide. I need to see what the Rockies look like and the West Coast. I need to know what it is like to breathe in higher altitude, to truly be cold in the winter, and to see Redwood trees that I can’t wrap my arms around. I wish to hike and camp and build fires in as many states as I can. I want to simulate parts of the Oregon Trail and try to understand what the Gold Rush was like. Stand on old battlefields and put myself in the shoes of the people who fought there.
I am a firm advocate that seeing is believing and believing leads to true understanding. Emerson said, “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” I feel that he uses the term experiment precisely because they are meant to be learned from. Scientists create a hypothesis and then conduct experiments to prove their hypothesis is correct or debunk it. But no matter what, any good scientist will always try the experiment.